We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Only 18% of small appliances is of consumer electronics, once we decide to discard it, it follows the correct collection and disposal route. This means that the remaining 82% of WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) of the group 4 (pc, mobile phones, hi-fi ...) ends up in landfills among the unsorted garbage.
In this way we deprive ourselves of raw materials that could be recovered, especially common metals and plastics that are rich in them small appliances; also precious metals is Rare lands in the case of mobile phones. In practice, we pollute, fill landfills and often also release dangerous substances.
In 2012, almost 39 thousand tons of WEEE group 4 against the approximately 200 thousand tons of small appliances placed on the market. What happens to hair dryers, radios or cell phones that have stopped working? Maybe we kept them in some remote drawer at home, and then throw them away when they bother.
“There are two possible virtuous behaviors for citizens - remember Giancarlo Dezio, general manager of Ecolight, consortium that deals with the management of WEEE -: bring the old appliance to the ecological pitch of your municipality of residence, or leave it in the shop when you go to buy the new replacement appliance ".
Let us always remember that, according to the "One against One" decree, the store is obliged to collect the old equipment for free when purchasing a new one of equivalent functionality. This means for example: I deliver an old VHS player and I buy a DVD player.
A refusal WEEE R4 it is 97% recyclable; in fact it is waste composed mainly of iron and plastic, materials that can be directed towards a recovery path to obtain secondary raw materials that can be reused in production processes.
To boost the collection of WEEE R4, Ecolight together with the multi-utility Hera and the Spanish consortium Ecolum will start a trial in Emilia Romagna. Based on what the project foresees Identis WEEE (Identification DEterminatioN Traceability Integrated System for Weee), an initiative funded within the European Life + program, four prototypes will be built, entirely autonomous and able to trace the collected waste.
The trial will start in spring 2013 and will try to intercept this waste through smart bins placed on the streets, squares and shopping centers. The details of the trial are being defined. We will keep you posted.